Europa-List: Underseat Fuel System

Subject: Europa-List: Underseat Fuel System
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 11:29:16

My existing fuel system setup has the fuel exiting the tank outlets via GS
fittings,
spanwise for 6-8", then 90 degree bend through back of seat and into underseat
area. My original building mentor, Mal McLure had his entire 914 system
underneath the passenger seat, and my setup was an aberration of that, with a
parallel fuel system originally setup for a 912S, but now I have the 914. So,
my fuel from each respective side of the tank currently goes to underneath the
seat pans. My question is, does anyone have theirs in the same place, or is
everyone putting it aft of the seatback?? If so, I suppose I will reroute it via
its current location, out the inboard side of the underseat area into the
tunnel,
then aft from there. I struggle to think going aft, to then come forward
again is the best way to go, but I am open to suggestions. I suppose it is
better
to smell fumes and with confidence know they are behind you, than under
you!! Also, you could end up sitting in a very uncomfortable puddle, and I bet
if this occurred you would be that scared you would be contributing to it. By
putting it aft, and I do have a suspended shelf setup between the vertical ribs
that support the extended baggage bay, I could put all the fuel setup into
a plastic container such that all plumbing, or most of the joins etc are
encapsulated.
Any ideas welcomed.
Reg
Tony Renshaw