Europa-List: coolant temp

Subject: Europa-List: coolant temp
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 06:33:10
Ira,
        Thanks for the swift reply. I appreciate that the reservoir contains
the highest temp (down a smidge from the cylinder manifolds I guess) and
would love to tap the temp there - I see Paul has done the reservoir tap? -
but cannot I just allow say 10 degrees below the allowable as my maximum. I
was hoping the drop wouldn't be greater than that. I have NO idea at what
flow the coolant passes my proposed site. I just supposed the foot or so
travel would not be so very different, in that it is headed for the radiator
at a certain pace.
        If as you say, the need for the gauge is less than critical (CHT's
are monitored) perhaps the mod will lie in obeisance for a while.
Cheers,
Ferg