Re: Europa-List: PH-DIY performance data

Subject: Re: Europa-List: PH-DIY performance data
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 21:01:23

On 05/12/2010 07:47 PM, David Joyce wrote:

> Frans, For what it's worth my 914 Xs/normal top/mono + speed kit/
> Woodcomp SR3000W/3blade does the following at >90%MaxAUW at 2000ft:
> TAS 120 Kts     14 l/hr
> ,,       130 ,,         19 ,,
>  ,,      140  ,,        23 ,,

Is this TAS indeed? My data was based on IAS. At 2000 feet I can add
about 4 knots to my speeds to get TAS.
Anyway, then my fuel consumption doesn't seem to be that high, I assume
this will improve a bit once the engine has been fully run in.
(Operating temperatures are still dropping, so I assume it is still
getting rid of excess friction).

> We have found on many trips that extra wheels don't help,

That's why I decided to get rid of one wheel, I'm happy with only three
wheels. ;-)

> figures are pretty close to mine even so, assuming your ASI reads correctly

The ASI has been calibrated (mandatory) and was found to be correct to 1
knot over the entire range. The backup ASI (with separate pitot) agrees
with the primary ASI.

Do you recall what RPM and MAP settings you normally use?

Thanks,

Frans