RE: Europa-List: 914 Fuel Flow

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 914 Fuel Flow
From: Matthew Carpenter <europaxs@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 16:37:22

Hi,

We have a 914 with Airmaster prop, but no intercooler.
At 75% power 5000rpm and 31 in Hg, we get 5.6 GPH mogas burn.  We call it
6.0 just to be on the safe side.

Our spark plugs are normally a little carbon black on the front and tan on
the back ones.

7.5 gph seems excessive and would think it's the flow meter not reporting
correctly.

Matt Carpenter
N138WJ