Europa-List:

Subject: Europa-List:
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 11:00:48

Hello -
Pursuant to the following quote:

        "      Guys...I've been looking into substitutes for the
kit-provided
outrigger wheel, and thought I'd found the answer with a Colson Performa
wheel which comes w/ sealed ball bearings. After Kingsley acquainted me
w/ the distinction between "sealed ball bearings" and "maintenance-free
precision ball bearings" I found the following in the McMaster catalogue
(I hope the text and graphics gets thru the matronics server). This
"Easy-Roll Rubber-Tread Wheel" (McMaster part # 2439T42) which comes
with "maintenance-free precision ball bearings" has a ridiculous low
price of $7.81. I've queried McMaster, and they confirm that yes, it
does come w/ these bearings. I'm wondering if anyone has tried them and
can comment on their performance."

        I find the wheel of note to be on page 1348 and #2439T42 to be $8.20
- not niggling, just making sure......    I will have to ask someone to
order for me as am obviously another one of those 11SEP Canadians attempting
a outrigger coup.
Ferg
PS: all thanks for the info!