Europa-List: Fuel dripping from airbox 914 ?

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel dripping from airbox 914 ?
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:12:31

During the winter months, awaiting an opportunity for weighing the
airplane, I kept the Europa with empty tanks.
(Weighing has been done by now: 421Kg, CG exactly in the middle).

Now, in preparation to first flight, I decided to fill the tanks again.
After I swicthed on the fuel pump, I noticed that my fuel flow gauge
indicated a flow of 2.5 L/h, without the engine running. I thought of
air entrapped in the sensor, until I noticed that fuel was leaking from
the cowling. Further investigation revealed that the overflow of the
airbox on the port side was spilling fuel.

Fuel pressure is correct.

So, I guess there is something wrong with the port carb. So far, for all
my Europa related problems, someone on the forum could help me to find a
solution. Before I start disassembling the carburator, I would like to
get a confirmation that that is what I should be doing, and if there is
anything else that could be the cause, or if there is any other
solution, I would like to hear.

First flight can be performed as soon as weather cooperates and a
suitable test pilot has time for this, so I hope this problem can be
solved without causing a delay....

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Frans