Re: Europa-List: Door hinges to fuselage

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Door hinges to fuselage
From: William Daniell <wdaniell@etb.net.co>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:05:00
For those who have not reached this point

What I have ended up doing which might be of use to others is filling
the rebate with flox covering with cling film and then putting the doors
on fitted correctly.  this gives you a spacer of exactly the right size
with - added bonus- bumps where the screw holes should go.  You then fit
the door with one of the hinge screws missing and using the hole in the
door tang and the hinge as a guide drill through the fuselage to get the
fuze hinge bolt connected.  you have to use a countersunk csk screw
instead of the recommended item.

it seems a little easier than the rapid expoy procedure in the manual.

Oh and yes as Jim and everyone else says the gazillion times on and off
to ensure a decent fit before you drill anything

will