Europa-List: fuel fires vs. oil fires?

Subject: Europa-List: fuel fires vs. oil fires?
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:08:15
""This combination of hardware provides for physical
    security of the firewall penetration and a good deal
    of protection for the grommet against fuel-fed fire.
    The final touch is addition of the fire-putty fillet
    around the wire and to cover about half the surface
    area of the grommet on the engine side. This
    adds relative gas-tightness for CO and protection
    of the exposed insulation/grommet from fire.""

    Bob ,
        I would be delighted to read your appreciation
of the relative danger of fuel-fed vs. oil-fed engine
fires.
        While I understand the danger of inflamed fuel,
I anticipate cutting off the fuel delivery. I know it cuts
the engine but perhaps a forced landing is better than
crispy critters.
        Oil on the other hand is difficult to stop, unless
you stop the engine, which is slow and leads to the
same fate basically. It also may be modified by later
engine re-start. What have I missed?
What say you?
Ferg