RE: Europa-List: Electric Trim Problems

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Electric Trim Problems
From: Mike Parkin <mikenjulie.parkin@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 08:09:53

Hi Guys,

I note that these relay decks cost $46.00 and they are even more to buy
outside the USA.  I have roll and pitch trim servos operating the trim
through a home made relay deck.  I recently modified the relay deck to
facilitate the auto-trim feature of my altitude hold.  I have never had any
problems at all ( touch wood).  The basic pitch trim only requires 2 relays
and 2 diodes and a bit of veroboard (all available from Maplins) - total
cost about 5.00.  Making a relay deck really is a simple task - takes about
an hour.

Regards,

Mike