Re: Europa-List: Greece

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Greece
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:37:48

Gert, Thanks for that. I have already contacted them and they went without
special permission and had no trouble, but they had not had any confirmation
---From the Greek authorities that special permission is no longer needed. The
last solid info I have is the reply that the PFA got from the Greek CAA in
1999 saying that special permission was required. We all know of a number of
instances where planes have got away with flying somewhere where permission
is officially needed, but I am concerned that if we took a party there and
some 'incident' occurred then the authorities would throw the book at us, in
the same way they treated some plane spotters a few years back.. So I am
still looking for help in contacting someone in authority there. Regards,
David