Re: Europa-List: Europa parts

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa parts
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:12:56
Jeff,

I replaced my throttle cable with teflon coated SS solid wire last year
when the stranded stuff kinked in the throttle box.  You can see what I
did in Year #8 Q3 2009 of my build web site (url in signature block).

The wire was purchased from McMaster-Carr.  There is a picture of the
stock labels on the page.   The rest of the stuff is from ACS.

It seems to be working well for me so far.

Needless to say, you are on your own and your mileage may vary.

Good luck.

Now, if I can only get the Rotax part of the annual completed and the
new brake master installed.

Check six,
Bob Borger
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
Europa XS, Short Wing, Intercooled Rotax 914
rlborger@mac.com
Cel: 817-992-1117

On Feb 22, 2010, at 5:51 PM, JEFF ROBERTS wrote:

> I've been thinking of replacing my cables with the piano wire you
speak of. Do you have any pictures or can you tell me how you connected
to the throttle handle and to the carb lever?
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff R.  N128LJ Gold Rush
>

> On Feb 22, 2010, at 4:49 PM, mau11 wrote:
>
>> You have another best solution :
>> Use a stainless steel piano wire diameter 1.5 mm, you add a graphite
grease into the sleeve and it is cheaper and better than cables.
>> I use that 10 years ago and it is perfect no cables problems.
>>

>> 22-02-2010
>> mau11
>> De =EF=BC=9A Kevin Challis
>> Date/heure =EF=BC=9A 22-02-2010  19:19:40
>> A =EF=BC=9A europa-list@matronics.com
>> Cc =EF=BC=9A
>> Sujet =EF=BC=9A Europa-List: Europa parts
>> Hi
>>
>> I ordered a pair of throttle cables for my Europa Tri gear from
Europa (UK) nearly 1 month ago!!!!

">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
">http://www.matronics.com/contribution