Europa-List: Flap cross tube

Subject: Europa-List: Flap cross tube
From: William Daniell <wdaniell@etb.net.co>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 09:38:27

thanks graham for the deflection note.

Another question for the collective wisdom of group.  The flap cross
tube is too far to the left such that the right hinge bracket has two
holes off the hard point (off the left edge) and the left slot is right
on the left edge of the left hard point.  In order to get the hinge
brackets onto the hard point the rod would have to move right about 3/8
inch.  I shaved 1/16 off the rod to get it to fit between the flaps at
full retraction without pushing them out and currently the two bearings
are right up against the flap roots fully retracted but without  pushing
the flaps outboard.

I have tried full deflection and with the cross tube 3/8 to the right
which puts both hinge brackets on the hard points and there appears to
be a lot of of the flap root pin still to go on the left.

The manual is not specific about max clearance at fully retracted
between cross tube and flap root...it just says "small clearance".  Is
small 1/16 1/8 or 1/4?

So please can you tell me what the rough clearance is between your flap
root and the cross tube fully retracted so I can have an idea about the
range of  possibilities.

Happy New year to everyone and thanks in advance.

Will