Re: Europa-List: Re: Monowheel Flap Operation

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Monowheel Flap Operation
From: Jeff B <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 10:35:12

I use about 10 degrees, flap on hard surfaces and 15 degrees or so on
turf, as a general rule.  circumstances may dictate some deviation from
these practices, of course.  BTW, I've found that the Tri-gear doesn't
"require" flaps, at all, for t/o and landing.  They are simply a
convenience...

Jeff - Baby Blue

rampil wrote:

> Hi Pete,
>
> I am curious about your comment that the trike needs 20 (essentially full)
> flaps selected for takeoff.  That does not match my experience, which
> addmittedly is not huge and 99% on hard surface, but includes 256 hrs,
> and over 600 landings or T&G.
>
> I use flaps with measureable salutory effect when the DA exceeds 2500',
> and then I only use 10 degrees. Without flaps and a DA < 1000', I am usually
passing 50' altitude by 1000' of runway (no pax of course), and