RE: Europa-List: Currency

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Currency
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 19:59:46
Hi! Richard.
I'm "fairly confident" that after a long lapse there are two requirements :-
a)       you need to do 3 landings prior to taking a passenger in the last
90 days.
b)       It is a license validation requirement that you have a 1hour
instructor "check flight" within every two years.
c)       You need 12 hours solo minimum within every two years.

Someone more authorative may bolster that up but I'm pretty sure it's
correct.
The 12 hours hasn't ever been a problem for me but two years running I had
forgotten the check ride since time goes so fast! But by chance squeezed it
in both times.
It will be in my diary ahead in future.( I'm on a bloody annual medical
too!)
The date which counts is in your license and you can do the "check ride" up
to 4 weeks ahead of the date.
To do it in your own plane you need an instructor who is current on the
Europa, I had to do mine recently on a Cessna 152 and of course the guy had
to show me how all over again !
Regards
Bob Harrison.

  _____