Re: Europa-List: does rotax need egt?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: does rotax need egt?
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 16:25:25

>I would strongly recommend fitting a Rotax Flydat or one of the more
>modern engine monitoring systems that will monitor EGTs, oil T & P
>RPM coolant temp and will flash a bright light at you if any of them
>depart marginally from the norm

David - thanks, I have already purchased a MGL box that does that
sort of stuff (but in a lot less space than a Flydat). I guess I
should have made that clear.

My query should therefore be re-stated as:

Should I bother to buy EGT probes for a 912S installation to use with
my engine monitor instrument?

With no mixture control, if I saw abnormal EGT indications, what
actions could I take in response?

regards

Rowland