Europa-List: Wings that move

Subject: Europa-List: Wings that move
From: rparigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:37:02

I know that plastic aeroplanes change shape.
I finished filling the bottom of the starboard wing forward and aft of the spar
where there was a flat spot and in 85F degree heat it was nice and smooth.
Tonight I left starboard wing outside where it dropped to 64F when working on
port
wing. When brought it back in, could feel a depression forward and aft of
the spar. Not too much but could in fact could feel it. When it warmed back up
to ~ 75F inside tent, depression was pretty much gone.
Perhaps I should fill different parts of the aeroplane at different temperatures
so when I want to play show and tell I can favor the part of plane that is flat
and true for a given temperature!

Ron Parigoris

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org