Re: Europa-List: DOTH anyone?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: DOTH anyone?
From: Bob Hitchcock <robert.hitchcock@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 21:44:43

Hi Richard et al

I landed there in G-BYSA (Mono) a couple of weeks ago. Agree the place is
different, but great fun for a Europa. The cafe in the museum is literally a
stone's throw from the airfield, honest. There is also a  delightfully
quirky cafe serving crab in Weybourne which is a pleasant 20 minutes away. I
reckon that is the place that you must be thinking of.

On my last trip I walked along the cliff's into Sheringham with my
girlfriend and then caught the steam train back to the airfield. I admit
that it was a full day, hence did not have time to enjoy the museum which
literally adjoins the strip.

Each pilot must make own judgement, but given good weather and a
precautionary overflight, Muckleborough should be enjoyable.

If the control caravan is not manned I could take my handheld if anyone
wants a ground based opinion

Regards

Bob