Europa-List: Landing Gear Frame

Subject: Europa-List: Landing Gear Frame
From: Robert Hatton <roberthatton1@googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 01:54:20
I am checking over the landing gear after a heavy landing and one of the
supports in the Landing Gear Frame appears to have a slight and small crack.
Although it still attached to the frame. It does not seem to have been
welded (but I could be wrong), it seems to have been glued in, and I wonder
if anyone has any advice for how I might remove the support in order to
clean up and subsequently re-attach it? I am taking the opportunity to clean
up the rest of the Landing gear frame too, which does not display any other
issues.

I have attached the diagram and a photo to show what I am looking at,
although it is difficult to see the crack. Any advice would be gratefully
received.

All the Best

Rob

Robert Hatton