Re: Europa-List: Anyone have info how they mounted wing tip stro

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Anyone have info how they mounted wing tip stro
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:37:01

rparigoris wrote:
> The power supply radiates a lot no matter how you ground things, but 8 feet
> away
with antenna under worst case and 6 feet away under best case fixes tick,
tick, ticking. So power supplies will live in wingtips away from antennas.

> The power wires are the culprit at the moment! First off I am running Vertex
on internal battery so it is not dirty radio supply power causing problem, it
is RF jumping off the supply lines getting into antenna!

Ron
have you seen this web site? might be relevant?
Graham
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/3377