Europa-List: NMEA trafic

Subject: Europa-List: NMEA trafic
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 14:39:12
Thanks for those kind people like Pete and Jeff who helped me to find
light and some serial data.

I confirm that at least in my particularly case (Garmin 296) there was
not really any data trafic when in simulation mode. With real satellites
there is  but only in line data out 2 (com 2). That was violet wire and
all the other (?) Garmins use blue one. Original cable included only red
+ black, so the multi wire data cable was necessary to purchase. NMEA
advanced set upp was just like Trio suggested to do.

One little thing more: my plane is in hangar and cannot move it out. I
borrowed a boat type external GPS satellite antenna with 50 feet cable,
connected it to my GPS and put it out. That worked well.

So, no more "no GPS" messages any more in my API.
Next one will be easy.

Raimo
OH-XRT with API, CS-prop under construction