Re: Europa-List: Wing close-out panel

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wing close-out panel
From: JEFF ROBERTS <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 08:32:48

Lance,
Neville showed me the best way for this. Just do as you did with the
clay only this time pile the redux everywhere its supposed to go. Then
place the wing panel on with some plastic / polyurethane attached to
it. Or place the plastic over the reduxed ribs then place the panel on
that. Weight it down just as though your doing it for the final time.
After the cure take the panel off pull all the plastic off and poof....
All the gaps are full. Now you can trim off all the extra cured redux
thats wider than the ribs. Rough the part your leaving with some
sandpaper and now you can apply a much thiner layer of the goo. Make
sure you rough the inner wing panel where it will contact the ribs as
well. Place it back on for the final gluing.
No extra reduxe, weight, or wondering if there's any lurking gaps under
the wing panel.
Hop this helps!!

Jeff R.
A258 - N128LJ / Gold Rush 176 hours and down for mods.