Re: Europa-List: Exhaust Lagging

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Exhaust Lagging
From: Jim Brown <acrojim7534@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 04:48:37
Hi Troy
-
Early on, we installed an intercooler on our 914. The hose from the turbo,
to the intercooler ran very close to the exhaust pipe.-I wrapped an area
about 3 inches wide on the exhaust pipe with asbestos tape from Summit Raci
ng. We also wraped an area on the other side of the engine where the exhaus
t pipe was very close to an oil line. This is a stainless steel exhaust sys
tem. In the past 800 hours we have replaced the asbestos wraps two or three
 times. There has been no change to the short sections of the exhaust pipe
under the wraps.
-
I have seen regular steel header pipes that were wrapped fully in asbestos
tape that were destroyed in about a year or so.
-
Jim Brown