Europa-List: Windscreen Demister

Subject: Europa-List: Windscreen Demister
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 12:43:15
Graham,
I have installed a demisting system using a glassfiber plenum under the
top of panel module (see attached picture). Hot air comes from the
heating system  which takes air behind the radiator and exits through 6
holes (7 millimeters diameter) at the bottom of the windscreen. It works
well in flight but is not very effective on the ground were it is the
most needed. A fan would certainly help for ground use.
Hope that helps.
Regards
Remi Guerner
F-PGKL

If so,
under what conditions?
Has anyone who has devised a cabin heating system included demisting as
part
of this?
Have you ever used it in anger?
I am considering my cabin heating system from the hot air at the back of
the
radiator, and wondering if I should include any demisting while on the
job -
don't want to have to come back later to do it.
             Regards   Graham Higgins,  #261 in Oz <<<<<<<<