Europa-List: Master Brake Cylinder

Subject: Europa-List: Master Brake Cylinder
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 17:38:18
Good day All,

I was attempting to bleed my brake system but wasn't having too much luck.
So I pulled my Jamar master cylinder and found that the large seal nearest the

spring was torn to pieces....on BOTH side! I am hoping that this was just an
error in insufficient lubrication when reassembling after I tore the master
cylinder down to clean out the crude that seemed to be left over after the
manufacturing. The part number off the seal is 220-L-4502 along with a 54. If my

 resources were correct then this should be made of Buna-N (Nitrile) and is
compatible with my Hydraulic Fluid 41 Mil-H 5606G. The other seal is marked
ADM-45 2110....also Nitrile?
So here are my questions:
1) Am I right about the material and the compatibility?
2) Is there a source for me to order replacement seals in the US?
3) Is there a lubricant that I should be using when I reassemble the
cylinders?
4) Are people still sanding down the outer edge of the white disc to  prevent
sticking?
5) Are builders replacing the spring with a stronger one or adding another
spring?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Mike Duane  A207A
Redding, California