RE: Europa-List: Mod 64b - Revised Hi Top

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Mod 64b - Revised Hi Top
From: G-IANI <giani@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 11:16:45

Phil

The point you raised are applicable to Mod 64 rather than Mod 64B.
Unfortunately when I wrote the changes/additions for 64B I did not revise
the basic instructions for fitting the high top.  I hope the following
help:-

a) The rear bulkhead is in the "tail" (ie the lower moulding) so does not
change.

B) The pitch control stop / pushrod containment.  The Main manual Page 20-4
gives the dimensions for the bulkhead.  This has never been corrected for
the Hi-Top.  The upper portion (above the dowel and rubber hose) needs to be
(from the drawings I have) 10mm taller.

C) The baggage bay rear bulkhead.  In the centre (above the middle of the
"D" panel) it needs to be 27mm taller.  No dimensions are given (see 28-9).
To get a good fit you will be shaping it to your aircraft.  From memory
there is sufficient spare material in the moulding supplied.

D)  The fuel filler (see 30-2).  The filler goes in the normal position
relative to the door opening in the upper moulding.  The instructions are to
trim the rubber hose elbow to fit.  There is sufficient material to allow
for the 30mm increase in length.

Ian Rickard G-IANI XS Trigear, 200 hours
Europa Club Mods Rep (Trigear)
e-mail mods@europaclub.org.uk
   or direct g-iani@ntlworld.com