Europa-List: Re: Wing Walk Tape

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Wing Walk Tape
From: John & Paddy Wigney <johnwigney@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 16:05:23

Hi Troy,

You might want to consider an inexpensive material which I used. I
bought a roll of plain white self-adhesive kitchen drawer liner
(hardware store supply). As I remember, I applied it about 10 inches
wide ahead of the flap on each side.  It is inexpensive and surprisingly
durable. Mine have been on since Day 1 and are still in good condition
after 7 years.

Noting that frost will destroy lift on a wing, I have never been keen on
the idea of a rough wing walk surface and this is why I chose the smooth
surface. I have never slipped on it in the wet and also, for those
people wanting that extra knot??, it is definitely low drag.

Cheers, John