Re: Europa-List: A/C paint other than white

Subject: Re: Europa-List: A/C paint other than white
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 20:24:14

Just a curiosity question.

Since I just again completed reading
on my Becker 250 watt mode C transponder installation instructions, it
again reminded me I can now fly to 50,000 feet and supposedly be seen by
ATC.

IfI wish to replace the wimpy 1 stage air cooled
turbocharge on my 914 with something "more capable" to test this
50,000 foot capability (perhaps may need to use long wings, wave and a
carry with me some oxidizer)at what temperature (low temperature) do
I need to start worrying about my Europa airframe that is painted white to
keep the sun from heating it?

I think I remember some mfg.
perhaps it was Slingsby, only has a lower limit of 20F??

Should
I limit my engine off outside loop attemptsto 20F during my first
test flight (wouldn't want to hurt engine by sucking air with it
running)?

There are4questions:

1) What
is a realistic lower temperaturelimit for Europa XS Monowheel with
short wings?

2) Same question as #1 but with long wings?

3) What is a realistic upper altitude limit for Europa XS
Monowheel with short wings? (not pilot but aeroplane)

4) Same
question as #3 but with long wings?

Ron Parigoris