Europa-List: Re: power settings

Subject: Europa-List: Re: power settings
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 15:38:40

Hi Remi,

Remember how I used that fine old French chemist, Gay-Lussac,
to show that an isobaric drop of 14C gives only a 5% change
in density - scarcely measurable in the performance of a Europa, i.e.,
you would need many test runs to tease the difference from the noise.
It is because that size of temperature change against the background of
standard atmosphere temperatures is quite small in the Kelvin
temperature scale

It's all a matter of magnitude of effect.

So, if it will make you happy, we can say my chart is only accurate
to 5% from MSL to 8000' DA, and it is still a Christmas gift to
Rotax pilots who otherwise have no guidance at all from the factory in
setting a constant speed prop.

Regards,

--------
Ira N224XS