RE: Europa-List: A question about post curing?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: A question about post curing?
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 02:48:58

Jeffrey=2C

That oven looks great=2C but it might have been better to have the foil on
the interior.Keep it simple. No need for complicated thermostatic control.
I used 2 fan heaters plus a larger fan to circulate air. Use a couple of th
ermometers with remote probes=2C one for the upper and one for the lower le
vel. Then do it by trial and error: let the heat build up until it reaches
the required temperature=2C the heaters should have multiple heat settings.
 I had to modify the heaters to bypass the thermostatic safety cutout. Star
t the job in the morning and monitor it through the day. Position the heate
rs such that they don't blow directly onto the work pieces.  Karl

Date: Wed=2C 17 Dec 2008 19:21:55 -0500To: europa-list@matronics.comFrom: j
effrey-j-paris@excite.comSubject: Europa-List: A question about post curing
?Dear Listers=2C

A question about post curing our epoxy parts.  Today we built ourselves an
"oven" for baking our parts at the appropriate 40-50 degree celsius for pos
t cure.  We built a 16' X 4' X 4' enclosure out of foil claded 4X8 sheets o
f insulation foam.  The box is backed up to a basement brick fireplace (no
open flames) in which I would like to place a suitable heating element.  I
also have use of an attic fan to low air around the cavity.

Has anybody attempted this before?  And if so what did you use to heat the
space.  I went to a website that helps you calculate the heating requiremen
ts for 256 cubic feet of space @ 50 degrees celsius came to about 8900 btu'
s=2C however=2C heat does build up and I want a consistent heat over a peri
od of hours therefore I will need a thermostat of sorts I would guess.

Any advice out there?  I'm not a  thermo engineer just an individual Europa
 builder who's looking for an inexpensive way to do the job.

Cheers and Happy Holidays=2C

Sincerely=2C

Jeff  and Peter Paris  Kit# A012 Monowheel Classic

Cooking School

Become a Top Chef!

Click here for more information