Re: Europa-List: Monowheel Landing Gear Question?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel Landing Gear Question?
From: Paul Stewart <europa@pstewart.f2s.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 18:40:48
Jeff / Peter

The bungee arrangement is not the main wheel suspension - merely an
aid to retractiung the main gear and flap - it would otherwise be far
too heavy. The main gear suspension is a large polyuerathane block
(LG6). I believe the original monowheel only had this and no damping.
There are now two dampers sitting within LG6 to produce less 'bounce'.
Your kit should have both the bungee and LG06 / dampers

Regards

Paul

G-GIDY