RE: Europa-List: Mod 72 - Undercarriage mounting frame strengthening

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Mod 72 - Undercarriage mounting frame strengthening
From: Rob Housman <rob@hyperionef.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:43:37

.and I can assure you, Christoph,  that the hammer and pry bars would not
have worked.  When brute force failed I took the more drastic approach - I
cut the added glass with a Dremel driven abrasive, sort of like a dentist
drilling a tooth, and still needed a bit of heat from a propane torch to
release the bond.  The surprise was how well the epoxy bonded to greased
metal and that gave me a lot more confidence in my structural bonds
elsewhere, where I did a thorough job of cleaning and roughing the surfaces
to be bonded.

Best regards,

Rob Housman

Irvine, CA