Re: Europa-List: Filling - Control surfaces

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Filling - Control surfaces
From: JEFF ROBERTS <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 20:58:37

Hi Fred,
I'm sure others will chime in but my two cents are this. Yes you may be
over complicating it. I tried the dry micro in some areas and found it
to be too much epoxy or too hard to sand compared to the structure or
the expancel. After several attempts such as you are doing I just
resigned to roughing everything and applying the expancel thick. Then
blocking it all back down with a large block. In the long run it was
easier. I can't speak for the Super Fill but others I know love the
stuff.  For me it was just economics and I had plenty of the expancel
so I used it.
Put it on thick so only one application is needed. Block it down till
you just start to see the weave in spots. If you have any low areas hit
them again with a light sand and more fill. Mixing micro with other
fill material will only cause more work as they sand at different
rates. I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Jeff R.
A258 - N128LJ / Gold Rush 150 hours and climbing slowly.