Europa-List: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_Europa-List=3A_fire_extinguisher?

Subject: Europa-List: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_Europa-List=3A_fire_extinguisher?
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 20:49:53

Exceptions for Usage of Halon Fire Extinguishers

There are only three main exceptions for Halon fire extinguisher usage; in
aircraft, military use including vehicles and fuel installations, and in the
Channel Tunnel. So, don't worry if you spot a green Halon fire extinguisher
on an airplane - it's allowed to be there!

It appears I am wrong regarding the use of Halon extinguishers. Apparently
Aircraft use is exempt from the ruling. The question is where to get them
from.

I note they are widely available in the USA but suspect importing them into
the UK would present a problem.