Europa-List: fuel filters

Subject: Europa-List: fuel filters
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwmsystems.fi>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 22:42:14

"This is what has prompted me/many to replace the glass filters
> under the seat for Andair in the fuselage away from the pilot"

Yes Bob, glass is very bad!

I broke one during towing the plane and one went later in the garage by
itself.
I was full off fuel bathing.
Local firearm people adviced me to make thinks beter.
Replaced them to the Original Rotax one-piece-plastic ones and have been
since happy.
Cheap, easy to check and maintain.

During possible emergency landing I am sure they (plastic fuel filters) will
be my smallest reason for worries.

Regards, Raimo
OH-XRT