Europa-List: Re: stalling & AOA's

Subject: Europa-List: Re: stalling & AOA's
From: EMAproducts@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 12:55:11

For all interested

Just one more comment on AOA's.  IF one pays attention and does not  get
below 1.3 Vs in configuration you WILL NOT stall.  The greatest  advantage of
the

AOA is that it is correct for all conditions.  I know  that a large percentage

of pilots cannot tell me the best approach speed  difference from 1 person
low fuel;  2 persons low fuel; and at Gross  weight.  Many will say so what,  If

you expect your aircraft to  perform at its optimum these are critical.  Do
you float on  landing?  Nearly all pilots I have instructed over the years when

at a  light weight will come in at same speed as when at gross weight.  Then
they  wonder why they float.  The AOA will keep you at the correct speed if
you  follow it.
Remember if the Smart*ss version was perfect there would be no stall spin
accidents, and as the Wright brothers said in 1913 an warning could prevent  90

percent of these stall spin accidents. The percentage of stall spin  accidents

has not changed much 105 years later.   Needless  fatalities and injuries and
broken airplanes due to education of causes. Ask  any Navy or Marine carrier
pilot about AOA !
Thanks to those who responded positively about the AOA usage and  safety.
Elbie Mendenhall

Read reviews on AOL Autos.
(http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00050000000017
)