Re: Europa-List: AOA probe design

Subject: Re: Europa-List: AOA probe design
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 12:25:31

>I am looking for a sensible AOA probe to feed my Dynon D100. The
>Dynon probe is ghastly - very big and heavy so I won't use that.
>
>I can't see what's wrong with a small, light weight probe based on
>the same principle, ie an angled face with a hole in it. Has anyone
>else designed their own and if so how well did it work?
>
>Anyone know of a good off the shelf probe suitable for the Dynon

I don't know of an off-the shelf probe, but I wonder if something
like the attached PDF would do the trick. Any half-competent machine
shop should be able to produce a similar item, even scaled down a bit
if thought desirable.

I found the file in my "AOA" folder and I'm afraid I don't know where
I got it, although the "airsoob" part of the filename is probably a
clue.

regards

Rowland