Europa-List: Slot in CM for LG retraction lever

Subject: Europa-List: Slot in CM for LG retraction lever
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 14:03:33

On Pg 28-1, Step 2, the manual calls for a slot in the CM 75mm and 85
mm off the aircraft centerline for the LG retraction lever.

Having marked it as shown in Fig. 2, I note that about 8" of the port
side edge of the retraction lever guide plate falls to port of the top
horizontal plane of the wheel well tunnel. If I trim the port side of
the plate as called for on Pg. 28-3 I lose quite a bit of the guide
plate metal...this causes me some concern for both functional and
aesthetic reasons.

Left to my own devices, I would reduce the dimensions of the slot to
acft. centerline to 60mm and 70mm respectively.

Have any other mono-builders found this situation and how have you
remedied it?

Comments most appreciated!

Fred
A194