Europa-List: Grand Rapids EIS 2004 (Rotax)

Subject: Europa-List: Grand Rapids EIS 2004 (Rotax)
From: Martin Tuck <MJKTuck@cs.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 10:35:27

Hi Folks,

On the advice of some of you on this forum, I went with the Grand Rapids
EIS for the Rotax 912 as part of my panel upgrade.

A few questions though to those who have already fitted it.

1) Any problems I should look out for. Any gotchas?

2) It came with two EGT probes but nothing to say where they should be
fitted. I assume you drill a hole in the exhaust manifold but where. Is
it wise to drill holes in situ as swarf may end up in the exhaust
valves. I've gone all this time with no EGT indication so I'm inclined
not to fit these. What have others done?

3) It looks like you have to use GRT CHT probes (not supplied, Grrr). I
thought the GRT website said the unit used the Rotax senders or maybe
that's just oil temp and pressure senders?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Martin Tuck
Wichita, Kansas