Re: Europa-List: auxillary fuel tank

Subject: Re: Europa-List: auxillary fuel tank
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 22:23:44

On Wednesday, Jan 2, 2008, at 06:40 US/Pacific, Karl Heindl wrote:

> Thomas Scherer probably used something similar on his flight across
> the Pacific, also Eric Trombley has a marine tank. I think David Joyce
> is preparing for his flight to Australia.

I recall seeing what appeared to be several standard Europa long ranger
tanks in a photo on Thomas's website, though it might have been his
setup for crossing the Atlantic rather than the Pacific (where he may
have done something differently).

In any event, for myself, I am very leery of jerry-rigging marine tanks
for our sweet little bird due to questionable crashworthiness,
particularly in the aftermath of the crash at Livermore,
notwithstanding my propensity to propose and execute various mods which
suit my fancy but allow me to remain in my personal comfort zone.

Fred (still in the armchair, i.e., not flying)
A194
--
believed to be clean.