Re: Europa-List: Re: motorglider V-speeds and registration

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: motorglider V-speeds and registration
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 19:10:20

Jim
I always said (to Ivan many times) the short wings were Too short. He
always says it would spoil the handling to lengthen them but then he is
obsessed with scarumbatics. Scared me a few times!
The rate of climb of the motor glider is much better than the short
wing. I only flew it once but when I finally got the speed on full power
climb out down to 70 kts the angle was so steep it was a while before I
dared to turn! That was in G-ODTI (go dotty?) with the foam wings, which
are still lying in the hangar I think,
Graham

h&amp;jeuropa wrote:

> Certainly the motorglider configuration is a nice airplane with the engine
> running
- John Hurst preferred that for long cross country flights!

--
Graham Singleton

Tel: +441629820187
Mob: +447739582005