Re: Europa-List: Monowheel speed kit

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel speed kit
From: jim Brown <acrojim@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 14:47:55
Remi

I have the XS Monowheel  with the 914 and Airmaster installed.

Your results are about the same as what we got when I also installed the
speed kit mod. I saw a increase of 3 knots average over several runs.
Several of us here in Florida, USA who have the XS monowheels, installed
the speed kits looking for 10 kts advantage. However it was not to
be.When we tried to get answers from the old management team as to why
this large difference in speed, we sure got the Run Around.....

I know in some of the advertisements the old Europa Co. was (is)
advertising 200 MPH cruise speeds for the XS series. I don't know anyone
who is getting that kind of speed. Once again put it down to
manufactures advertising hype.

Jim Brown
N398JB