Re: Europa-List: More Mod Talk

Subject: Re: Europa-List: More Mod Talk
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 10:53:22

Troy
that is the wise decision, (put in both mods together) (imho!)
Without the articulating sockets the pins would still see some bending
loads, which I don't feel happy about. You only have to hit a strong
thermal at 80kts with the flaps down and that would cause quite high
loads, which you WON'T feel on the flap lever btw,all the flap load goes
through the flap brackets, none into the push rod connected to the gear.
Graham
p.s. (I wouldn't anticipate too much extra problem with a tri gear
conversion but never tried it)