Re: Europa-List: Mod 74

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mod 74
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 22:48:56

I wont deny that Europa spares are expensive but they are cheap by
commercial aviation standards.

Just remember someone has to pay the wages of the Europa team at
Kirkbymoorside. Without them it would be very difficult for us to keep
flying. Once you become a Europa owner their help and expertise comes free
of charge.

With only 500 or so aircraft out there you have to sell a hell of a lot of
spares and kits just to cover the day to day running costs of the business.

Its easy to work out the cost of the raw materials and argue that the final
cost is a rip off but Europa dosent enjoy the economies of scale that larger
businesses enjoy. The thousand or so wing pins that have to be manufactured
will certainly cost more than a few pence each.

No one likes having to shell out for mandatory mods but fifty quid for a
safer aircraft sounds like a bargain to me.