Re: Europa-List: Angle of Attack

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Angle of Attack
From: jimpuglise@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 22:43:17
Jos-

If you want to use the AOA indicator, they say that you must use the Dynon
pitot.
It has a second hole in it at about a 60 degree angle from the pitot and the
Dynon computer looks at the difference between the two inputs.  I have installed
both that and the Europa pitot and will use the Europa pitot to drive a
steam gauge backup ASI and the Dynon pitot to drive the Dynon.  I will share the
static source from the Europa tube.

From: "josok" <josok-e@ukolo.fi>

> Hi Jim,
>
> Can't see that this has to be absolutely without tolerance exactly parallel.
The
> dynon aoa indicator will be learning the exact difference between the pitot
> and

> stall tube later during a series of test stalls. In will try to use the
> standard

> europa pitot and the stall warner tube as inputs. Don't know if that works,
> but

> will find it out in a week or so. I have the dynon asi/stall pitot, but would

> prefer not to pull more tubes through the plane.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Jos Okhuijsen
>

> Visit - www.EuropaOwners.org

<DIV>Jos-</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If you want to use the AOA indicator, they say that you must use the Dynon
pitot.&nbsp; It has a second hole in it at about a 60 degree angle from the
pitot
and the Dynon computer looks at the difference between the two inputs.&nbsp;
I have installed both that and the Europa pitot and will use the Europa pitot
to drive a steam gauge backup ASI and the Dynon pitot to drive the Dynon.&nbsp;
I&nbsp;will share the static source from the Europa tube.&nbsp; &nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff
2px solid">-------------- Original message -------------- <BR>From: "josok"
&lt;josok-e@ukolo.fi&gt; <BR><BR>&gt; --&gt; Europa-List message posted by:
"josok" <JOSOK-E@UKOLO.FI><BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Hi Jim, <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Can't see
that this has to be absolutely without tolerance exactly parallel. The <BR>&gt;
dynon aoa indicator will be learning the exact difference between the pitot and
<BR>&gt; stall tube later during a series of test stalls. In will try to use
the standard <BR>&gt; europa pitot and the stall warner tube as inputs. Don't
know if that works, but <BR>&gt; will find it out in a week or so. I have the
dynon asi/stall pitot, but would <BR>&gt; prefer not to pull more tubes through
the plane. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Kind Regards, <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Jos Okhuijsen
<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Visit -
www.EuropaOwners.org <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&
 gt; <B