RE: Europa-List: Europa rules

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Europa rules
From: Rob Housman <robh@hyperionef.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:32:30
Mike -

In re: dark paint

Don't even think about it.  Where we live and fly, on warm days the heat
reflected off the ramp will be sufficient to soften the epoxy-fiberglass
enough to reduce the strength of the structure.  Sure it will be OK at
altitude but you still have to climb away from the surface.  Folks flying
closer to the Arctic Circle don't have to worry about getting the airframe
too hot.

Best regards,

Rob Housman

Irvine, California