RE: Europa-List: rivnuts

Subject: RE: Europa-List: rivnuts
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 04:52:29

Hi! Ferg
Tonight I'll "patch you through" a copy of my Rivnut tool instructions.
They are excellent so long as you can get your setting sequence correct.
I have used some stainless steel type since the aluminium ones wore out
so quickly.
I was loath to try to extract the old ones since I could see them
rotating on the end of the drill! Finally used a 1/8 drill and "spotted"
them  very carefully and they fall out .....but inside !
It is critical not to try to set them too tight but have confidence with
more loose settings on the tool.
Will revert....
Regards
Bob Harrison. G-PTAG  ...on first stoke up day ! (awoke 4am with damn
cramp making me "fit to puke"!