Re: Europa-List: TP6 Bonding

Subject: Re: Europa-List: TP6 Bonding
From: Steve Pitt <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 23:00:42
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I completed Mod 73 today and can report that I could find no faults in
the TP6 bonding, after 50 hours of flight.
That said, I have taken the opportunity to improve the pip pin hole as
well ( as mine had failed the earlier criteria) and this has given me a
good chance to ferret around inside the tailplanes. The only downside is
that I now need longer pip pins and Richard Holder is obliging with this
order.
I would also report that I can find no slop in the tailplanes, trim tabs
or mass balance weight, the latter may have been helped by the retention
of turnbuckles and outrigger wires to the mass balance arm ensuring no
sideways movement.
As I am not an engineer I am not able to argue the merits of various
options/modifications that have been discussed on this forum. However I
remain totally happy with my choice of the Europa, totally committed to
supporting the marque and other owners wherever I can, and comforted by
the knowledge that the Europa has thousands of hours successful flight
in many parts of the world and in many capable (and not so capable)
hands giving pleasure to all that come into contact with the brand.
I look forward to getting my aircraft through its Inspection and meeting
up with many of you before this flying season ends.
Regards
Steve Pitt G-SMDH Europa Trigear XS