RE: Europa-List: Europa Tailplane - Mod 73

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Europa Tailplane - Mod 73
From: Nigel Graham <nigelgraham@btconnect.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 13:59:56

Hartstikke bedankt heren, tot u dienst.

What really saddens me is that I wrote to Europa Aviation in the late '90s
highlighting the potential problem with the tailplane and proposing that the
tailplane mod be adopted as the standard build procedure. It would have cost
nothing - no extra parts, just a change to build instructions the manual.
In my mail to them, I even predicted a sequence of events that could lead to
a tailplane becoming detached and the resulting in-flight break-up of the
aircraft.
No interest was shown whatsoever and I never heard back from them.
When I learned of the in-flight break-up of William's plane, I had a
sickening feeling that I knew what might have happened. The full AAIB report
will confirm (or otherwise) if I was correct but the fact that the
authorities are looking closely at this component leads me to believe I'm on
the money.

m.v.g.

Nigel