RE: Europa-List: Europa Club member login details

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Europa Club member login details
From: former memsec <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 15:16:21

>Sounds like there are a few of us out here that are not aware of a members
>only section and how to get onto it.
>How about someone "in authority" explaining just how we do it

Alan - I no longer have any "authority" (not that I ever had much
anyway!) but perhaps I can help.

If you point your web browser (like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera
or Safari - NB Safari now available for windoze!) at the main address
for the Europa Club - www.europaclub.org.uk - you should see a page
with a sidebar for navigation and a main section containing the
following words, beside a nice picture of OE-CKD:

"Welcome to the Europa Club Web Site!

The Europa Club is a group of individuals drawn together by their
interest in the Europa kit aircraft. They include builders, pilots,
and those who simply want to know more about the Europa type.

For more information about the Europa aircraft itself, please visit
The Europa pages.

For more information about the Europa Club, please visit The Europa Club pages.

Paid-up Europa Club members may also follow the instructions to
request access to the members-only pages of this site."

Now look closely at the last sentence quoted above. On the web page,
the words "instructions to request access" are highlighted in some
way. Your browser may do things differently, but on mine those words
are blue, in contrast to the adjacent ones in black. That means they
constitute a LINK to another page. (Many web pages use underlining to
highlight links, but our webmaster chose to use a colour contrast and
bold face; this helps to avoid confusion between words that are
emphasized and those that are links.) Click once on those words to
get to the page where you can register for access to the members-only
section. On that page are instructions for the registration process;
you should read & understand them before proceeding. (The essence is
that you make up your own ID & password.)

In the above quote from the Europa Club opening page, the words
"members-only pages" are also a link. If you have already registered,
you can click on that link and get into the members-only section.

I'm sure the webmaster would appreciate advice on how he could make
the entry point any more obvious, from anyone who's been having
trouble finding how to register and access the members-only pages.

regards

Rowland