Europa-List: Article on flutter

Subject: Europa-List: Article on flutter
From: William Harrison <willie.harrison@tinyonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:12:56

Dear All

There was an enlightening article on flutter in June's edition of
Flyer Magazine.I was unable to get a legible scan of it to attach to
this but I have asked the editor if they can give me an electronic
file of the article so it can be distributed on this forum. In the
meantime, you might like to search out a copy of the magazine (I
stole mine from the dentist's waiting room this morning...). The
article echoed many of the issues we have discussed (slop, mass
balance, etc) but also makes some other interesting points, including
the behaviour and consequences of disconnected trim tabs.

By the way, on the subject of Loctite, presumably any benefit it
could offer would depend on where the TP12 is in its freeplay range
when the Loctite sets. If the slop is already bad enough that the pip
pin is sharing the torsional loads and the TP12 is Loctited at one
extreme of its range of movement then would that not continue to
stress the TP6 bond?

Willie